Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 30g butter
- 5 shallots, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed from the stalk
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed from the stalk
- 1 cup red wine
- 350ml veal stock
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to season
What You’ll Need To Do:
1. Place a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the oil and butter and sauté the shallots until browned. Add the garlic and the herbs and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the wine and reduce by half. Approximately 10 minutes.
3. Add the veal stock and reduce to a sauce consistency. Approximately another 10 minutes.
4. Add the balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Pass the mixture through a sieve and serve with your favourite red meat.