Caramel Easter Egg Slice
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
What You’ll Need:
- 200g shortbread biscuits
- 90g unsalted butter, melted
- 400g dark chocolate
- 300ml cream
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1tbsp unsalted butter
- 80g desiccated coconut
- 250g caramel Easter eggs
What You’ll Need To Do:
1. In a blender, pulse the shortbread biscuits until crumbly. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
2. Line a 27cm x 17cm slice tin with baking paper. Press the shortbread and butter mixture evenly into the bottom. Refrigerate to cool slightly.
3. Meanwhile, heat the dark chocolate, cream, golden syrup and 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan over a low heat on the stove. Heat until the chocolate has melted and the ingredients come together and are combined and “glossy” (about 3-5 minutes).
4. Take the chocolate mixture off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
5. Stir most of the desiccated coconut through the chocolate mix, reserving some coconut to sprinkle over the top of the slice.
6. Take the tin out of the fridge and position one caramel Easter egg per slice portion on top of the shortbread base. Usually this would be 2 x 6 Easter eggs for the entire tin, but you can put more if you want smaller slice portions.
7. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the Easter eggs. Tap the tin on the bench to remove any air bubbles. Top with the remaining coconut and refrigerate for at least one hour, or until the chocolate has set.
8. Cut the slice into portions, being sure to include a caramel Easter egg in each portion.
9. Enjoy! Happy Easter! This also is a great gift idea J