Salted Caramel Chocolate Tarts
* Thanks to Ben M for this little gem J *
Makes: Approx. 24 mini tarts
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins (plus cooling)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 90g butter, chopped (for tart base)
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate, melted
- 395g can condensed milk
- 30g butter, chopped (for caramel filling)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
What You’ll Need To Do:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 24-hole mini muffin pan with some butter.
2. Sift flour into food processor. Add 90g butter and the caster sugar and pulse until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. You can rub the butter into the flour by hand if you don’t have a food processor. Be sure not to over-combine.
3. Press 2 tsp (approx.) of the mixture firmly into the greased mini muffin pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. Meanwhile, make the caramel filling. Combine 30g butter, condensed milk, golden syrup and salt in a saucepan. Stir over a low heat until the butter melts and the mixture is combined and has thickened (about 5 mins).
5. Pour the caramel over the bases and return to the oven for 3 minutes. Allow the tarts to cool for 15 minutes in the pan (or until caramel is set) and then gently remove. Cool in the fridge if required.
6. Top the tarts with some melted chocolate and cool at room temperature or in the fridge if you need them quick!